Tortilis Camp, Kenya
Tortilis Camp is widely regarded as the prime location for witnessing the majesty of Africa’s largest mountain, Kilimanjaro.
Amboseli is also known for its magnificent elephants – over 1000 elephants in the parks eco-system, featuring some of the largest in Africa. Tortilis Camp is named after the flat-topped, umbrella thorn tree, the Acacia Tortilis, and is situated in one of Amboseli’s areas of Acacia Tortilis woodland, with the majestic backdrop of Africa’s highest mountain, and the world’s highest free-standing mountain, snow-capped Kilimanjaro. Game drives, walks, sundowners and bush meals take place both inside the park, and within a private 30,000 acre game concession.
The tents are all spacious, with king or twin beds and elegant en suite bathrooms. There is a main lounge, bar and dining area, all exquisitely built with natural materials and thatched roofs, with magnificent views of Kilimanjaro.
Why Book your Safari With Us?
We have over 25 years experience operating luxury safaris in Kenya. Our intimate safari camps and lodges, away from busy tourist hotspots, are world renowned, and our open-side game drive vehicles with inbuilt camera chargers are the very best that Kenya has to offer. We work closely with local tribes, communities and guides; our focus is to conserve and preserve the beautiful culture and wildlife of Kenya, whilst providing a breathtaking experience for our guests.
About the Camp
- Little Tortilis – Private House and Family Tent sharing a private swimming pool
- 16 tents, en suite with magnificent views
- Swimming pool & bar, spa/massage, shop
- Silver level eco-rating, and winner of the British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow Award
- Amboseli National Park 97,000 acres unique protected habitat, plus 30,000 acre private wilderness conservancy
- Breathtaking views of snow capped Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest freestanding mountain in the world at 19,300ft
- Large elephant herds and excellent birding
- Resident, experienced Gold, Silver and Bronze KPGSA certified guides