Tortilis Camp, Kenya
Tortilis Camp is widely regarded as the prime location for witnessing the majesty of Africa’s largest mountain, Kilimanjaro.
Situated in the Amboseli basin, the raised camp offers unrivaled views over the Kenyan plains, aptly named after the flat-topped tree Acacia Tortilis.
Renowned for its diversity of wildlife including elephants, lions, hyena and cheetah, Tortilis Camp is host to a multitude of avian species, and boasts a plethora of bird nests which hang gracefully above the tents for a spectacular dawn chorus.
Winner of the prestigious eco-tourism award, Tortilis is a pioneer for low impact, high comfort tourism. Accompanied by experienced Masai guides, safari guests have exclusive access to a 30,000 acre conservancy and have the opportunity to walk the plains, enjoy a bush breakfast and witness the world renowned Kenyan sundowner.
If you would like to experience the unique atmosphere and incredible setting of Tortilis Camp, get in touch with us today to discuss the requirements for your bespoke safari.
Why Book your Safari With Us?
We have over 25 years experience operating luxury safaris in Kenya. Our intimate safari camps and lodges, away from busy tourist hotspots, are world renowned, and our open-side game drive vehicles with inbuilt camera chargers are the very best that Kenya has to offer. We work closely with local tribes, communities and guides; our focus is to conserve and preserve the beautiful culture and wildlife of Kenya, whilst providing a breathtaking experience for our guests.
About the Camp
- Little Tortilis – Private House and Family Tent sharing a private swimming pool
- 16 tents, en suite with magnificent views
- Swimming pool & bar, spa/massage, shop
- Silver level eco-rating, and winner of the British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow Award
- Amboseli National Park 97,000 acres unique protected habitat, plus 30,000 acre private wilderness conservancy
- Breathtaking views of snow capped Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest freestanding mountain in the world at 19,300ft
- Large elephant herds and excellent birding
- Resident, experienced Silver and Bronze KPGSA certified guides